Wednesday, August 22, 2012

inspired

I finished reading Just Kids by Patti Smith while I was in Savannah.  It was a really well written book.  I was so impressed by it.  The relationship of two young artists, Patti and Robert Mapplethorpe, pushing each other was really inspiring.  For myself, the book made me call into question how much effort and sacrifice I put into my career as an artist.  Robert is unbelievable with his vision and how he creates.  It needs to be better all the time.  I can relate to that.  Nothing against Patti, but I was drawn to Robert's passion for his work.   His drive.  I want to be like that but can't get myself to commit fully.  I chose some photos of Roberts (I believe they are all is work) that remind me of the book.










First photo was taken be Norman Seeff.  


No comments: