Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Mee Kyung Shim

While walking down India Street in the heart of Little Italy in San Diego,  we came across the Mee Shim gallery.  This was a great space.  Up front was the gallery and in the far right corner a studio and storage space.  What amazed me was the artist is the owner of the gallery (or at least rented the space).  I thought that was pretty sweet!  We checked out the work and were surprised to see Mee Shim working on a commission piece while people wandered through the studio.  Jen and I said hello but didn't want to distract her.  I wanted to post about her because I thought her work was awesome.  I also think that it is great to see an artist support themselves in this way.  Here are a few images and a link to her site.  Video here.

Nature of Fertiliy


Womb Dance


Garden Story


Self Portrait ( A Taoistic Hermit with a Magpie-Tiger)


Woman Embracing Nature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

www.sabung-online.org Memberikan Bonus Cashback Terbesar Selama Event Piala Dunia 2018 | Cashback Terbesar 15% Guyss | WA : +6281377055002 | BBM : D1A1E6DF | BOLAVITA