Tuesday, June 14, 2011

a novel

I never read.  I get to distracted, I can't concentrate.  About a chapter in, I give up.  I brought a novel with me to Grenada anyway.  No internet, no phone.  Just beach.  Just a book.  I finished my first novel since I don't even know when.  I know, the suspense in killing you.  What book?!?!  I read "The Art of Racing in the Rain" by Garth Stein.  It was the saddest thing I have ever read.  Funny at times, but very sad.  It was great.  The story is told from Enzo's perspective.  Enzo is the family dog.





























"I'm sure my father was a terrier.  Because terriers are problem solvers.  They'll do what you tell them, but only if happens to be in line with what they wanted to do anyway."

That quote from the book reminds me of Gino, who happens to be part terrier.

 

No comments: